We adhere to the Grace Baptist Affirmation of Faith of 1966, which can be summarised as follows:
1. The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures; their authority and sufficiency as not only containing, but being in themselves, the Word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament; and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole.
2. The unity of the Godhead and the Divine co-equality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
3. The total depravity of human nature in consequence of the fall and the necessity for regeneration.
4. The true and proper Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, Him real and perfect manhood; the authority of Him teaching and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of atonement for sinners of mankind by His substitutionary sufferings and death; His bodily resurrection, and His ascension into Heaven; and His present priestly intercession for His people at the right hand of the Father.
5. The justification of the sinner solely by faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
6. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion and sanctification; also in ministry and worship.
7. The universal Church, the body of which Christ is the Head, embracing all the redeemed, called by God through the Gospel, born of the Spirit and justified by faith; the local church, comprising such believers as the expression of the universal Church; and the fellowship between such churches, manifesting the unity of the body of Christ.
8. The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in Baptism as conveying regenerating grace, nor in the Lords Supper as being a sacrifice for sin or involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
9. The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
10. The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.
JEHOVAH JIREH : The Lord will Provide
- Jireh Chapel
- Chapel Street, Orrell Road,
- Orrell, Wigan,
- WN5 0AG